Friday 17 February 2017

When I Was Little, Everyone Called Me Dirty

Maria Stephanie
Writing A
February 17th, 2017

When Michelle Lee was a guest on "Hello", where a Nigerian man came onto the show to break stereotypes. The man revealed that even though he's been living in Korea for 9 years, he was still tortured by stereotypes. He said, "People keep avoid me saying I'm scary. Well,
I am not scary or a bad person." Not only that. He was told that he couldn't rent places due to stereotypes which says that black people are dirty. After he said that, Michelle Lee agreed and said, "When I was little, no one sat next to me on the bus. My friends' parents would tell them, 'Don't touch her, she's dirty'. The reason why I was able to overcome all my hardships is because there were people who loved me. Live for them. It'll make you happier." 
As you see, her skin color is darker than the average Korean people. Her father is an African American man who married to a Korean woman. It's  not her fault to be black. It was the fault of our society. They only made black people feel bad for being black. And made white people feel superior somehow. We need to stop this stereotypes as soon as possible before they take control of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment